Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Review: Switched by Amanda Hocking

Review: Switched by Amanda Hocking
6th Book Review of 2012

[Me+Glasses.jpg]
Yup. This is Amanda Hocking!
Visit her blog! Here!
Author:
Amanda Hocking

Grade:
C+!

Does It Have A Trailer?
Yes! Right here!
I gotta tell you . . .it left me with chills! :)

Add it on Goodreads! Like, NOW!


Cover:
Pretty girl wearing a white dress in a field of red flowers. VERY intriguing!

Summary:
When Wendy Everly was six-years-old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. It isn't until eleven years later that Wendy discovers her mother might have been right. With the help of Finn Holmes, Wendy finds herself in a world she never knew existed - a world both beautiful and frightening, and Wendy's not sure she wants to be a part of it.



My Opinion:
Trolls? Are you kidding me? I expected faeries, or, I don't know, some other magical creature. Never a troll though. I imagined the midget sized tan guys with ridiculously long pink hair just like Wendy did. I really like Wendy! She is the best! Until . . .well, until she finds out she's a troll.


In the beginning of the novel. I took her for a conflicted bad ass chick. I mean, she knew she had it going on, besides her hair. She knew she never fit anywhere. She's been expelled from school several times. She had a cool compulsion thing going on. Hell, I thought this was a vampire book! That covers the bad ass part but the conflicted part? HER SO-CALLED MOTHER WANTED TO KILL HER! Who does that? That's right! AN INSANE MOTHER! I do admire her mother, though. She knew Wendy wasn't hers and she never accepted the fact her son is gone but still. C'mon guys. Who tries to kill their "daughter" at six years of age?

*shakes head* This is about Wendy not her mother. Moving on . . .

So, after all this time. Finn Holmes magically appears and, may I add *raises eyebrows* he is pretty sexy, tells her this big secret! Wendy is a troll! Wendy leaves even though she knows her brother, Matt, won't like it and suffer but she goes anyway. They go into this magical world filled with pure nature and fancy stuff.  EXPENSIVE fancy stuff! I'm talking time-share fancy stuff. :) Wendy enters this HUGE house *cough, cough* Excuse me, I meant MANSION and finds out she is a princess and that her mother is obviously, the Queen. The Queen has to do this and that and tells Wendy how to do everything without giving her long- forgotten daughter ONE hug, kiss, or anything. Nothing, nada, zilch and Wendy takes it without a word.
Guy 1:  Awesome, right!?
Guy 2: * face palm and shakes head in ignorance*

Wendy does NOTHING! Where did the bad ass go? Where did the "borrowing" a guy's motorcycle girl go!? This is mostly, the reason why I really disliked the novel. Her personality went from bad ass to tell-me-to-do-something-and-I'll-jump. Other than her. I really liked EVERYONE else!


Anyways! On to the good stuff! I loved Finn, Tove, and the wind chick! Ugh, I can't remember her name! They were all so cool and had these epic powers. I found myself in complete awe along side Wendy when Tove was going his thing. And then it happened  . . .
Epic Pokemon fighting over chick pokemons ;) Pictures, Images and Photos


Yes, AN EPIC BATTLE WENT ON TO GET WENDY and I have to say. That really won me over! I can never deny the great detail and insight Amanda gave me through Wendy's eyes. I felt like I was actually there! :) So, that's why I give Switched by Amanda Hocking, a solid C+!


Get Connected!
Follow Amanda Hocking on Twitter!
Follow Amanda's Blog!
Wanna Buy It?
Amazon? Here!
Barnes and Noble? Click here!
Books-A-Million? HERE!
iBooks? Over here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! It really means a lot.