Saturday, February 4, 2012

Review: Wander Dust by Michelle Warren

Review: Wander Dust by Michelle Warren
5th Book Review of 2012

Isn't she pretty? Nice eyes. Want to check her out?
Go to her website! It's right here!
Author: Michelle Warren

Grade: B+!

Does It Have a Trailer?:
Yeah! What are you waiting for? Watch it now!


Add it on Goodreads!
Add it now! Click this already! :D





Cover: 

Oh, c'mon! You want to tell me you DON'T want to jump into it? I absolutely love the cover! If I was Dora, I would definitively jump into this cover! It's beautiful and so magical in every way. 


Summary:
Ever since her sixteenth birthday, strange things keep happening to Seraphina Parrish. 

The Lady in Black… burns Sera’s memories. 

Unexplainable Premonitions… catapult her to other cities. 

The Grungy Gang… wants to kill her. 

And a beautiful, mysterious boy… stalks her. 

But when Sera moves to Chicago, and her aunt reveals their family connection to a centuries old, secret society, she is immediately thrust into an unbelievable fantasy world, leading her on a quest to unravel the mysteries that plague her. In the end, their meanings crash into an epic struggle of loyalty and betrayal, and she’ll be forced to choose between the boy who has stolen her heart and the thing she desires most. 

Wander Dust is the breathtaking fantasy that will catapult you through a story of time, adventure, and love.

My Opinion:
I liked it! No wait- I loved it! Time traveling! Can you believe it? A beautiful, mysterious boy AKA British Stalker boy. . . .*drools*

*shakes head* Michelle certainly knows how to grab my attention in Wander Dust. Haha. Wander Dust was amazing! The characters, the plot, Seraphina Parrish. Oh, dear. Throughout the novel I kept feeling what Seraphina felt (besides it being from her perspective, of course). They way she always tried to get her Dad's attention. The way she felt she didn't belong even though she moved constantly. The way she knew she was going insane, yet, at the same time she knew she saw what she saw. What I really liked was that, unlike other female protagonists, Sera (Seraphina) was so keen to find out what she needed to find out. More importantly she, and I, knew nothing was going to stop her from letting her meet her mother. 

Michelle Warren made me think I had everything in place but, no. She goes ahead and, BAM! Something unexpected happens. I never saw that or this coming. There were parts that me laugh and other that made me tear up. Especially the end with Sera and ___! :) The only thing that bothered me was that the secondary characters felt like they were being kept in the shadows. Other than that, it was perfect and that's why I, Monica G Lopez, gives Wander Dust by Michelle Warren a B+! I cannot wait for the next book, Book 2, from the Seraphina Parrish trilogy to come out!


Get Connected!


Wanna buy it?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like great book! Thanks for the review. I'm a big vivid fantasy book reader. Have you ever heard of the House of Night novels series by PC Cast?? It is absolutely amazing! (In my opinion cause of how it connects deeply to me). PC cast and her daughter are both great writers. Tell what you think. :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really means a lot.